Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christening Party

Brace yourselves folks.

Unbearably smug knitting content coming up...



I won't deny that this was a challenge to finish up on time.



Or that the dragonfly was embroidered on the way to the airport.



Or that I had to steal the buttons from another project.



Or that 18 sets of little French Knots isn't a royal pain in the a**.



But wasn't it worth it?

Oh yes.


(There were some key modifications required and some serious mishaps along the way, which I'll report on next time. Let's focus on the joy for now.)
.

10 comments:

Sinéad said...

Stunning, simply stunning. Well done!

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely adorable. You deserve to be smug!

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful, you did an amazing job.

Anonymous said...

This is a sweet as it gets! Your finish is fabulous too!

Lien said...

That is so cute it's almost unbearable. I almost want one for myself!

Nic said...

Thanks for the nice comments guys. It means a lot coming from knitters of the calibre of you lot!

Julie said...

that is just beautiful!! what a gorgeous result, and the embroidery is just perfect. Love the final result!!!

Katie, a dyer at Yarn Love said...

Gorgeous! I heard about your coat escapades on Never Not Knitting & I'm so glad you got the stains out. The coat truly is an heirloom!

Robin said...

That is absolutely beautiful!

Suzanne said...

I just heard the story of this knit on the Never Not Knitting podcast. It is beautiful. I'm glad no scissors were taken to it.