Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ta Da!

Well, the Creamy Delight was a delight indeed. It was a last-minute hassle but I'm really thrilled with the finished item.




Modified slightly from the previous version by adding a 3 stitch garter stitch edging to counteract the minor rolling. Next time I'll make it 4 stitches. I'll also go up a needle size, it's a teeny tiny fraction too dense for my liking. Me likes drape.





LOVE the buttons. These were purchased a year or two back when the Wicklow Knitters gathered in Avoca for their annual fabric and supplies orgy sale.


Just goes to show that the perfect project for your favourite buttons is out there somewhere, even if it takes several years to find it.


(Stash Justification is my thing. Don't take it away from me.)

And BTW, yes I DID get a phone call when the recipient was 3 miles away to say they were coming early. Yikes!

Fortunately the project was ready.

Can't say the same for the housework.





.

5 comments:

Helen said...

Just found your blog through my friend Sarah's blog - Fairy Face Designs! Small world!

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

Love this, its really gorgeous!

sheknitupthat said...

LOVE the shawl collar!

Sinéad said...

Button stash is very necessary. Like you said, every project has a perfect button. If you didn't have a button stash, how would it ever find its soulmate? Lonely buttons, mismatched. How sad would that be. :)

Knits with Penguins said...

Nic, Another fine F.O. Brava. Alana has a knack for patterning, doesn't she? Is the yarn as sqoooshy yummy as it seems?