Thursday, March 20, 2008

Knitting Bag Five

And last in the Knitting Bag Parade for the moment.

(Not the last Knitting Bag. Oh no, by no means. Just the last one that's been documented.)




Strictly speaking, you'll have noticed that this is a pencil case.

I was carrying some dpns, some Manos del Uruguay and a 1/2 finished beret around in my handbag for ages, where they kept getting caught on my pens, key, and other paraphenalia. Wouldn't it be great to have a kind of mini-bag for my knitting that I could carry in my handbag? (I thought.) Like a makeup bag, only....for....knitting.

Bingo, a pencil case of course.

I started to scout around for one, thinking that it would be a simple matter of picking one that I liked.

Not so. It took some time to weed out the furry, hairy, novelty, Barbie, Spiderman, pretend-coke-can, too-flat, too-narrow, too-short and just plain hideous ones. I finally settled for this one, having fallen for the little beast on the side. The opening is a little bit narrow but it's roomy inside, and can carry any number of dpns, knitting notions and your current project - providing that's no bigger than a hat or a pair of socks/gloves/mittens.

Oh and your yarn too. Not bad for 5 euro. Plus there's another little puppy on the zip pull. Cute.




Unbelievably, knitting has resumed on this ghost of a project.

News and pics soon.




.

No comments: