Friday, February 13, 2009

Crown Jewels



Introducing the Crown Jewels, a chunky hat of my own design*, in Artesano Aran. So named because it does kinda look like a crown, especially with the addition of rubies.

Modelled above by my good yarnie friend S. Look at that lustrous hair. Impressive, eh? Now, there's a fiber worth having.


Side view, sans rubies...


Pole dancing position (no, don't ask) with rubies added...


Blocking - on a dinner plate a la Ms Zimmmerman's instructions...



Yes, I know it looks like the Starship Enterprise coming in to land.




It's yarn Jim, but not as we know it.

I'm so pleased that this pattern has such a good response from my people of kindred spirit knitting pals.

On the other hand, it has also been compared with this....



...and this...







* I use the term pretty loosely as I'm such a newbie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lurv it, I particularly lurved the pole-dancing bit... I want to tell the world and his aunt about it! Have you launched the pattern yet?

Nic said...

Nah not yet! I have to write the pattern up first...my notes are almost incomprehensible.