Thursday, May 15, 2008

JGG Update



So there is some knitting to show after all, despite the lack of actual knitting in real time. Here is a sleeve from the Jolly Green Giant, from 'round about the time that I had to cease knitting-through-the-pain.

Isn't it purdy?

And yes, it is hanging from a tree in the garden. NOW I understand why blogs always show the knitting hanging around outside lounging on vegetation. In this case it's a particularly nice maple tree and this is the branch that Little Monkey spends a lot of time hanging out of.

(If I remember, I'll post a picture of this tree in Autumn - the colours are SPEC-TAC-ULAR.)

And here is a detail of the Hugs 'n Kisses detail running up the sleeve. Notice that I removed the 1/4 pattern at the rib edge. Happy sigh. Much better.



And by the way, this lurid colour is far closer to the actual colour than the pic above. People, I tell you, this is a green to take notice of. A green that is not ashamed. A green that will heard and noticed.

You can see this baby from Outer Space.

At night.

In a Black Hole.
.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Wow that's going to be spectactular!