Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Spoken in jest

Last weekend I met Jellyknits for a knit and chat. She knitted, I chatted. (Well she did get a word or two in edgeways.)


As a joke she suggested that I should knit a cover for my wrist splint. It's currently swaddled in one of Little Monkey's socks, since the many velcro straps on it were sticking me to the furniture.


I laughed at the irony of it, since the splint is coming between me and my knitting and why should I cover it with knitted glory? Knit FOR IT? No way...


However, I realise this morning that she's right. Especially since it looks as if I'll be wearing it for quite a while. Talk about Knitting for the Enemy. A nice summery version would be good for this fine weather.

Now...what yarn to choose!?

I've also decided that I am going to start knitting again this week. I figure it'll be OK so long as I don't do too much at one time. The main problem is general tasks, ironing, lifting kettles and saucepans, driving etc.


After more than 4 weeks of no knitting at all I've found that I think about it a lot, planning projects, thinking about designs and of course browsing Ravelry. Looks like the knitting still claims it's place even tho' it's not happening.

Funny how the house isn't any tidier for the lack of knitting!



Inspired by Jellyknits's Vintage Handbag from this book (see her lovely project* in Ravelry if you can) I've decided that the only thing to do is to knit one for myself. After all, I've only 3 unfinished projects - a 4th will be no problem.


*PS: While you're at it, check out her other projects. Fabulous, eh?



.

No comments: