Saturday, May 24, 2008

Summer Bag



Now that summer is around the corner, I've dug out this hibernating project from last year. It's a Summer Bag of my own design, started last summer in a mix of a thick slubby yarn and a smooth thick cotton yarn, with bamboo handles planned. Definltely a lining, red or pink, with either a snap or ribbon closure.

Can’t remember yarn details of course. Ballband? What ballband?

I got it in Shaw's (Almost Nationwide) Department Store in Dunlaoghaire so it's probably Patons, Sirdar or Tivoli. I'm sure there's more hidden deep in the buried stash, so I can probably find out.



The only thing I'm not happy with is the 1st band in garter stitch at the bottom. I'd prefer this in stocking stitch like the rest. Sure I was making it up as I went along.

I'm hoping to finish it this summer.

Otherwise, it looks like it would make a handy dandy hot water bottle cover, eh?

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful!