Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ah Jane!

I love Jane Austen.

Yes, I know, that's not exactly startling news, (or even interesting you may say), but I cast my net wider than dear Jane. I love the whole Georgian & Regency Periods too. Beau Brummel, The Scarlet Pimpernel, The Count of Monte Cristo...everything from the French Revolution to the Crescents of Bath. I love it all.

I love the history, architecture, fashions, furniture, textiles, wallpaper, social etiquette and even the politics. And they do all come together rather nicely in Ms Austen's work, one must allow.

Recently I treated myself to these treasures: (Book Depository links)

Jane Austen's Sewing Box

and this


Jane Austen Fashion: Fashion and Needlework in the Works of Jane Austen





Tippets, cravats, muslin and lace.


I'm having the lovliest time.

.

3 comments:

Sinéad said...

The Jane Austens sewing box book sounds great. I love that period too. The Count of Monte Cristo is my favourite book of all time.

Nic said...

Hah! I had never read it but I saw a movie of it recently and was absolutely gripped because I didn't have a clue how it was going to end. S'funny, that probably almost never happens because people have some idea about the plot. I thought it was sooo powerful and compelling. Didn't knit a stitch!

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi1391067417/

sheknitupthat said...

Verrrry nice! I didn't know about these two titles - a little trip to the book depository for me now I think! :D