Thursday, December 11, 2008

Knitty Serendipity



Serendipity

–noun
1. an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident.
2. good fortune; luck:


I may have mentioned that I got some faboolous yarn from Stephanie recently to make a felted bag for a Christmas gift. The recipient requested that it be a pouch style, kinda medieval, like something Maid Marian would have kept her ivory comb and rosehip lippy in.

I WAS thinking of knitting a basic tube with eyelets at the top and a roundy base but was a little uninspired by this plan.

Along comes the Winter Knitty just this morning with this delightful bag in it.

Perfect! Now just have to calculate yardage and adjust measurements if necessary.

I may have said this before...

I love knitting!

-------------

Edited to add:

Yikes, pattern needs 380 yards and 1 skein Artesano Aran has only 144! I'm gonna need more!

STEPHANIEEE!!!!!

.




No comments: