Thursday, July 2, 2009

Only 2 more sleeps!

...before The Yarn Room opens it's doors.

Can't. Wait.

Just.

Cannot!

There have been drive-by-peepings going on all week. See here for an excellent report* that will whet your yarn appetite.



My father asked me the other day what the new premises will do for my yarn addiction obsession? Is it entirely a good thing to have so much yarn available near my house? He wasn't entirely joking.

I answered in all seriousness, that I don't know. But I'm hoping that regular access to such lovely yarns might de-sensitise me a bit to that overwhelming yarn rush that comes when you enter a yarn shop and are confronted with the 'wonderwall', that wall of luscious colour.

You know when you get all light headed, your synapses misfire and your signals get all mixed up so that you can't separate your mohairs from your silks and you're not entirely sure of your own name? And you bring home a lovely skein of something for which you have no earthly use. C'mon, you know what I mean!

Anyway, I'm hoping that some Yarn Immersion Therapy will help with this affliction and that I may actually evolve a mature assessment of my yarn requirements and match them to my resources. Perhaps. Not sure about that, time will tell.

At the very least I'll have somewhere to meet my fellow addicts knitters. And yes, there will be yarn, and knitting, and good company, and classes, and fun. Of that I am very sure.

* from which I stole/borrowed this pic. Thanks WonderWanda!


2 comments:

Irene said...

ONLY 2 more sleeps! HEP!

*borrowing/robbing is only OK for good causes! And this is a seriously good cause!

Sinéad said...

I bet you're really excited! I wish I could go down on Saturday for the grand opening, but alas I can't. Have a great time!