Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Introducing the Ashford Cowl



Announcing my new pattern, the Ashford Cowl.



This silky cowl will add warmth and a little drama to any walk the park. Make it silky as shown or try it in a woolly or tweedy yarn for winter warmth.



Knitted in the round (shown in Lang Silkdream), shaping is achieved by a change in needle size and short row shaping creates a neat scallop at the cast off edge.

Pattern available free on Ravelry and from The Yarn Room, Ashford, Co Wicklow. My thanks to all the test knitters and models.

I'm so delighted at the response the pattern has received on Ravelry. I also received a number of compliments on the layout of the pattern. I worked really hard at writing the pattern and presenting it clearly, so naturally this pleases me.




I'm not boasting honest. It's just a cowl. But since you're here, I thought you'd like to see it.

(OK, so this has got me over the disappointment in the previous post. Ce sera sera!).

3 comments:

m1k1 said...

I love the pattern detail. Being a body of short neck, I might try it in a really drapy fabric.
On behalf of all us non-designers, thank you for creating and sharing. So generous.
jen

Sinéad said...

It's lovely! well done. I'm off to download it from Ravelry! Thanks!

Leslie said...

It's fabulous and I WANT THE PATTERN!